Friday, December 3, 2010

As American as...


Apologies for the somewhat blurry photo; I think my hands were trembling with anticipation. Sometimes you just need a little slice of heaven. Truly, one of the best decisions I made was taking all of our cookbooks (over 30) and recipe binders (three so far) with us to Norway. Limited storage be damned! Sure, I probably won't be able to find half of the ingredients needed for the recipes, but it is completely worth it even if it means finding one that knocks your socks off. Case in point: Martha Stewart's Classic Apple Pie from Martha Stewart's Baking Handbook. Baked at 8:00 p.m. last night. First slice at 9:30 p.m. Half gone at 9:00 a.m. today. Ja, baby.

4 comments:

  1. That looks awesome! There's nothing more American.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than your mom's! Beautiful! I applaud apple pie for breakfast. Relieved to know I won't have to schlep apple pie in my carry on luggage for Gunter in September...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Courtnay: yes, pie is totally doable here. At least apple pie!

    ReplyDelete