Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Not quite 36 hours in Paris.

One of the main reasons that G and I decided to live abroad was so that we could get our travel on. I mean, when you realize you can fly to Barcelona in the same time it would take to fly from Seattle to Chicago, living here is kind of a no-brainer. 

Taking advantage of our proximity to all things French, I went to Paris to visit my dad last weekend, who was on a school trip with his students. It was nice to be on a break from norskkurs and spend a little time with my dad in one of my favorite cities. This was my third visit to Paris, so I took a lot fewer photos than I usually do on my trips. I didn't take any gratuitous food photos or shots of the many street markets. Rather, I focused on spending some QT with my dad. (I probably accomplished this at the expense of his students at times, but I could hardly feel guilty since he's been teaching for 46 years and I think he's given them enough of his time over the years, thank you very much. But I digress.)

Anyway, another reason I didn't take so many photos is because I am heading back to Paris at the end of the week! G and I are meeting family there and spending a nice holiday together based in the Marais. So excited. I will do my best to take some food photos and see if I can't capture some more out of the ordinary images next week. That is, if I can peel myself away from eating. And sleeping. And drinking French wine. Until then, here are a few I took last weekend. À bientôt!

Sacré Cœur in Montmartre. I had never been there before. Yes, it's very touristy on the way up, but so beautiful to see at sunset.

More Sacré Cœur.

Little restaurant we ate at in Montmartre on Friday night.

Dad giving the kids Gothic Architecture 101 at Notre Dame.

Notre Dame from the back. I know everyone else photographs the front, but I prefer this view (plus at 9:00 in the morning, the sun pretty much ruins any shot of the front of the cathedral).

1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics. And the one of your dad is just priceless. :)

    ReplyDelete