Thursday, August 4, 2011

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

I am back. Back from Paris and Bergen and Crete and Stockholm and Seattle. The good news is I have many stories and photos to share with you. The bad news is I have 182 other things I need to do, including this:



G and I just returned from a 3-week visit to Seattle (well, my 3 weeks and his 2, but det er det, my norsk-speaking friends), and suffice it to say we have a lot of unpacking to do. This is just the content of 1.5 bags. I'll just say we may or may not have exactly hit the weight limit on three of the four bags we checked. Public transportation and 200+ pounds of luggage. Now that's a good time!

Given my state of jetlaggedness, the only thing I feel qualified to blog about at this point is the list of random thoughts bouncing between my synapses right now. Lucky you. I am apologizing in advance.

God bless the inventor of Space Bags. I am sure I will be cursing them when I start ironing all of the clothes that have been trapped in them in our luggage for 24 hours, but for now, god bless 'em. Otherwise half our clothes would still be in Seattle.

It is okay to purchase large quantities of toiletries and other awesomeness that are unavailable in Norway (such as real Q-tips and decent hair conditioner that doesn't cost $65/kr 360 a bottle) and stuff your suitcases full of them. Well, at least in my head.

It's been 24 hours and I already miss Whole Foods. Why? Here is a a shot of about 1/10 of the Whole Foods' produce department near my old home in the States:

This is probably the size of the entire produce section of my local grocery store. And that is all I am going to say about that. Excuse me while I go cry on my $8 plastic-wrapped yellow pepper.

I am going to keep myself sane for the next week by alternating between Excedrin during the day and Melatonin at night. Because I am sure that forcing my body by using drugs to regulate to GMT +1 is the best approach.

Super happy to have been in Seattle and seen friends and family and Jessi the incredible personal stylist at the downtown Seattle Nordstrom and Brandi Carlile in concert and more importantly the other Brandi in my life get married to Mr. Jones. And Ziggy and Murphy the cats. Them too.

Here's hoping you have a fabulous, jetlaggedless day,

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment